As a student of the College, you can be confident that whatever it is you need help with, at whichever campus you’re based, the Easton & Otley Student Centre Team will be perfectly placed to help. We have two student services centres, one on each campus, and both offer friendly, responsive and confidential support.
The Student Centre were awarded the Matrix Standard; a national quality standard for organisations that deliver information, advice and guidance about learning and work.
Student Centre Locations & Opening Times
At the Easton Campus, the Student Centre is located in the Jubilee Building on the first floor. Opening times are Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
At the Otley Campus, the Student Centre is located in A block. Opening times are Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
Our highly qualified and very approachable staff can offer the following services:
- First point of contact for any questions or concerns
- Information, advice and guidance on travel, transport, finance, housing, accommodation, careers, progression and UCAS
- First Aiders
- C-Card Scheme
- Confidential Counselling Service
- Signposting to external organisations supporting drug, alcohol and sexual health advice
- One to one guidance appointments, career workshops, drop-in sessions and job hunting
- College Transport - each campus offers advice on dedicated bus routes, to and from your campus, with financial support available for bus passes and tickets
The Student Centres on each campus have a dedicated ‘Careers Zone’ where students can access impartial and high quality information, advice and guidance about careers and progression, apprenticeships, UCAS, work experience, job opportunities, gap years, volunteering and labour market information.
Our team of friendly Student Advisers all hold relevant and recognised qualifications in careers guidance, from Level 4 – Level 7. Each Student Centre is Matrix accredited and Easton and Otley College has also been awarded the Career Mark – the national quality award for Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance.
Students have access to a range of current careers and progression resources online through The Student Centre section on the VLE, including:
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Preparing a CV
- Interview skills
- Job Market Information
- UCAS and Student Finance
- Gap Year and Volunteering Opportunities
- Local Education, Training and Voluntary Services
- Financial Support
There are UCAS drop ins and themed progression and careers tutorials throughout the year and students are welcome to request 1:1 guidance appointments with a Student Adviser at any stage of the academic year.
The Student Centre team also organise guest speakers and visits throughout the academic year and work closely with outreach partners to provide targeted support to our students at pertinent times throughout their college journey.