Additional Learning Support Mentor
Closing Date: 20/08/2019
Otley Campus | Fixed Term (2nd Sept 2019 - 26th June 2020) | Full Time and Part Time hours available | Term Time Only - 36 working weeks | £16,882 per annum pro-rata
Easton and Otley College are recruiting Additional Learning Support Mentors to work proactively with our learners aged 16+, supporting them with their individual requirements to achieve their potential.
Our aim is to improve retention, attendance and achievement by:
- Providing academic and pastoral support
- Monitor and assist with the progress of assignments
- Monitoring learner attendance at lessons and directed study sessions
- Supporting project and course work
- Monitoring learners at risk of leaving the course before completion
- Assisting with learner behaviour management
The working hours for ALS Mentors are 09:00 - 16:30, working term-time only which is a total of 36 weeks (from 2nd September 2019 to 26th June 2020). We have full time and part time hours available - full time being 32.5 hours per week, term time only. Days of work are subject to timetabling needs and can be agreed upon appointment.
The ideal candidates should be qualified to a minimum of Level 2 or equivalent for Numeracy and Literacy.
Proposed Interview Date: Friday 30th August 2019.
As an employer we offer many benefits to all of our employees which include but are not limited to:
- Generous annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts
- Corporate memberships
- Free on-site car parking
- Continuous professional development and training
- Free annual eye test vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Free use of gym facilities
Please have a look at our employee benefits for further information on all of our employee benefits.
To apply for this position please submit an application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com.