Job Coach - Otley Campus
Position: Job Coach
Location: Otley Campus
Department: Foundation Learning
Reporting to: Assistant Curriculum & Quality Manager – Foundation Learning
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST
1. Principal Purpose of the Role
To lead on and support students on Supported Internships, ensuring they make progress at college and in their work placement. Job coach students on work placements. Find paid work for students when they finish their Supported Internship. Recruit students to pre-supported internships and prepare them for progression in September 2019.
2. Main Activities of the Role (this list is not exhaustive)
1. To interview, complete initial assessments, tutorials/1:1’s, and lead on tasks/projects as required.
2. To prepare students for employment, developing employability skills in the classroom, through small group sessions, on enterprise activities, 1:1 work and on work placements
3. To develop creative and innovative ways of working with students to engage, motivate, equip and progress them into the world of work.
4. To build relationships with other providers and support agencies in holistically supporting young people.
5. Actively help promote Supported Internships and develop them whenever possible. Attending marketing events.
6. To build relationships with employers who could offer the college Supported Internships. To also liaise with employers to find paid employment for students after their time at college.
7. To complete task analysis on prospective jobs, support students when they start work & whenever needed and produce any support materials/adaptations required.
8. To provide regular, on-going and easily accessible support for the employer and trouble shoot any potential problems.
9. To develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the local job market to identify trends and opportunities for employment, with a specific focus on the land based specialisms.
10. To maintain accurate records and assist in the preparation, collation and presentation of statistical and other information, and to prepare reports.
11. To collect feedback on student progress from observations, assessments and employer feedback.
12. To form links with internal and external colleagues to ensure potential students know about Supported Internships and are helped to be suitable for the provision in the future.