UEA Library and IT Facilities
- UEA Library facilities 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Campus card - on request
- Library borrowing - using campus card
- e-resources - via EZProxy
- Photocopying (payment by cash on the two coin-operated machines)
- IT account - on request
- Library catalogue & help sheets via the web
- Separate web pages to help CCN & EC students find information or resources
The Sportspark has an Olympic size pool, a gym, an outdoor track, outdoor pitches, a climbing wall, squash courts, etc. and offers a variety of courses. As a student you are eligible for the discounted educational rate (contact the Sportspark for details on 01603 592398 or see www.sportspark.co.uk).
Union of UEA Students
UEA Clubs and Societies are run by the Union of UEA Students (UUEAS) and are available only to their members. Membership of the Union is not available to Associate College students. You can use the Union’s bars, shops (including a supermarket, a paper shop, a post office and a student-orientated travel shop), and two gig/nightclub venues (one on campus and one in the city centre).
Some useful websites:
- Union Shops: www.ueastudent.com/shops
- Union Bars: www.ueastudent.com/ents/entsFeatures/bars2
- Union Entertainments: www.ueastudent.com/ents
- Ticket bookings (gigs, etc.): https://secure.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/
- The Waterfront: www.waterfrontnorwich.com/
The LCR is the gig/club venue on campus and popular club nights are Tuesday and Saturday (see the websites above for full listings). The Waterfront is in the city centre, near the Riverside area, and is smaller and tends to be more “alternative”. The Meltdown club night on Saturdays is very popular. You must produce your UEA Campus Card when asked to by a member of staff. The Union also operates an Advice Centre on campus. As you are not a member of the Union you are not able to visit in person, but you can access most sections of their website for helpful advice. This section: www.ueastudent.com/advice/leaflets is a good source of information on housing, finance and employment issues, with some easy to follow printable leaflets.
Discounted bus passes are available from the Union Travel Shop. You will need to show your UEA Campus Card (not your College card) and provide a passport style photo (there is a photo booth in Union House).