19+ Financial Support

There is a range of financial support available to assist students aged 19+ years on the 31st August 2019 to meet the costs of coming to College.

19+ Advanced Learning Loan

A government 19+ Advanced Learning Loan for tuition fees could be an option for you if you are studying a Level 3 course. For more information on 19+ Advanced Learning Loans click here.

Note: If you are eligible for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan, you can also apply for the support listed below, but we will not give support for fees.

Bursary Funds

Students studying on full and part-time courses that lead to a government funded qualification may be eligible for an award from the Bursary Fund towards the cost of: travel, accommodation, meals, personal protective clothing / equipment, fees and childcare.

The loans bursary fund application will not be deemed complete until loans are approved. Bursary Funds are limited, so we advise students to apply early.

The residential fund is primarily available for those students staying on site, but in some circumstances we may assist with off-site accommodation.


Free Meals

You may be entitled to free meals whilst at college if you are aged between 19-25 and have a LDA (Learning Difficulty Assessment) or EHC Plan (Education Health and Care Plan) and you or your parents receive any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more the £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

If you have applied for a bursary we will automatically assess you for Free Meals. Alternatively if you wish, you can just apply for free meals.

Care to Learn for students aged under 20 years

Young parents studying at the college may be entitled to up to funding towards childcare. The childcare provider must be Ofsted registered.

Find out more about Care to Learn

Non-government support for Students on Land-based courses

Other organisations kindly provide funding for students on Agricultural/Land-based courses.

Their application criteria differ to government funded bursaries. You can apply direct to these funds or we may suggest you apply to them, contact the bursary team for further details.