The course gives a comprehensive insight into a career in the Uniformed Public Services such as the army, navy, royal air force, police, ambulance service and other agencies such as border control.
There are 2 alternative pathways to choose from:
- Military Academy
- Emergency Services
- Qualification: 3
- Course Code: E14741
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 2 year full time course (3 days per week).
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** 4 GCSEs at Grades 9-4 / A-C including English and maths. Alternatively a BTEC Level 2 Diploma (normally Merit overall) or BTEC Extended Certificate plus GCSE English and Maths at Grade 9-4 / A-C.
Students will develop the physical and interpersonal skills to enable them to be successful in their application to a public service of their choice. In addition there will be
opportunities to further develop technical skills such as navigation through a programme of outdoor activities. Assessment is through a range of written assignments, presentations and ractical tasks. Students will have the opportunity to visit a wide range of uniformed public service organisations
- Government policies and the Uniformed Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Uniformed Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Landbased and Water-based Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its effect on society
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Career Planning for the Uniformed Public Services
Upon successful completion progression opportunities include:
- Or you can choose to study one of our higher education courses.