The course gives a comprehensive insight into a career in the Uniformed Public Services such as the army, navy, royal air force, police, ambulance service and other agencies such as border control. Students will develop the physical and interpersonal skills to enable them to be successful in their application to a public service of their choice.
- Qualification: 3
- Course Code: E13411
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 2 year full time course (3 days per week).
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** 4 GCSEs at Grades 9-4 / A-C including English and maths. Alternatively a BTEC Level 2 Diploma (normally Merit overall) or BTEC Extended Certificate plus GCSE English and Maths at Grade 9-4 / A-C.
During the course there will be opportunities to further develop technical skills such as navigation through a programme of outdoor activities. Assessment is through a range of written assignments, presentations and practical tasks. Students will have the opportunity to visit a wide range of uniformed public service organisations.
- Government policies and the Uniformed Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Uniformed Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Landbased and Water-based Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its effect on society
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Career Planning for the Uniformed Public Services
Upon successful completion progression opportunities include:
- Or you can choose to study one of our higher education courses.