The course provides an introduction to the work of public service organisations.
- Qualification: Level 2 - Diploma in Uniformed Public Services
- Course Code: E10410
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year full-time (3-4 days per week).
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** 4 GCSEs at grades D-G, to include English at grade D or above, or an NVQ plus 2 GCSEs grades D-G, or level 1 qualification, plus 2 level 1 functional skills.
Students learn about the wide range of careers available in the Uniformed Public Services such as the police, ambulance service, army, navy, and royal air force. There is the chance to develop a variety of personal skills such as communication and teamwork that are needed to be successful in applying for entry to one of these services.
Assessment is through a range of written assignments, presentations and practical tasks. There will be opportunities to take part in outdoor activities as well as visit many of the organisations studied on the course.
- Public Service Skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning for the Uniformed Public Services
- Improving Health and Fitness
- Driving in the Uniformed Public Services
- Adventurous Activities and Teamwork
- Attending Emergency Incidents in Uniformed Public Services
Normally dependent on the outcome/profile of grades achieved, and routes could be:
- Extended Diploma Uniformed Public Services