This course is designed to provide a foundation in a broad range of skills required to work within the sports industry.
- Qualification: Level 2 - Diploma in Sport
- Course Code: E10480
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year, full-time
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** 4 GCSEs at Grades D-G (English Language at Grade D) or NVQ Level plus 2 GCSEs Grade D-G or Level 1 Qualification (DVS/ NPTC) plus 2 Level 1 Functional Skills.
Assessment is by means of exam, assignments and the building of a portfolio of evidence. Students will investigate a range of areas within sport and learn skills required to undertake employment within the sports industry. Parallel to the vocational course, the study programme will also include English and maths, employability skills as well as students being required to participate in meaningful work experience.
All elements of the study programme work together to support the student in achieving their targets and becoming employable.
There is a choice of pathway;
- Sports studies
- Sports academy
- Fitness Testing and Training
- Sports Injury
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Planning and Leading a Sport Activity
- Practical Sport
- Mind of the Sports Performer
- Lifestyle and Well-being
- Carrying out a Sports-related Project.
Normally dependent on the outcome/profile of grades achieved, routes could be:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport