This course is for you if you are looking to start a career within the horticultural sector. Horticulture is made up of many diverse industries delivering the science, art, technology and business of growing plants.
- Qualification: Level 2 - Diploma in Horticulture
- Course Code: E10120
- Start Date: 04/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year full-time (3-4 days per week).
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** 4 GCSEs Grade D-G (1-3) or above, to include English and Maths at D (3); or a Level 1 qualification at Merit/Distinction (including English and Maths at D (3) or above).
You will learn about Health and safety in land-based industries; working in the horticulture industry; plant naming, identification, selection and science; establishment and maintenance of plants; care, maintenance and use of tools and machinery and business skills. You will also study commercial gardening and landscaping.
- Plant and Turf Maintenance
- Hard Landscape Construction
- Basic Garden Planning
- Machinery Operations
- Practical Projects
- Health & Safety
This course will prepare you for training in range of jobs within the horticulture industry, such as: work in nurseries, or landscape businesses, work in grounds keeping and parks. Or, you can use this qualification to progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horticulture.