Students on this provision have the opportunity of a curriculum bespoke and tailored to meet their individual needs. A curriculum designed to support those with anxieties and worries about coming into a larger college that means students will be able to grow in confidence and start exploring what college life is all about.
- Qualification: E
- Course Code: E10910 / O10910
- Start Date: 07/09/2020
- Duration: 1 Year, full time
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: No formal qualifications.
A through transition package offers supported entry onto the course and enables learners to build positive relationships with staff and their surroundings, prior to starting the academic year. Students on this provision have 1:1 - 1:3 support needs. This allows us o provide high levels of their support throughout their timetable. The curriculum is designed based on students' interests and target setting packages allow learners to understand how they are progressing.
Course Content includes;
- Health and independence skills,
- Maths and English - either qualifications or promoted within lessons,
- Access to vocational areas - pitched at a suitable level - linked to progression,
- Personal and social development, full year tutorial/enrichment package - developing and supporting young people,
- Specialised provision - SALT, music, enterprise and employability.
2nd year on Future Choices 3, Entry 1 - Life & Independency Skills, Transition into supported living or other community provision