Specialised provision for those students who have more complex learning difficulties. Students on this provision have the opportunity of a curriculum that is bespoke and tailored to meet their individual needs. A flexible and varied curriculum means students will get to try lots of different learning opportunities.
- Qualification: E
- Course Code: E10910 / O10910
- Start Date: 07/09/2020
- Duration: 1 Year, full time
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: No Formal Qualifications
Students on this provision have 1:1 or 1:2 support needs. This allows us to provide high levels of support throughout their timetable. We have various areas students can access whilst on this provision that ensure they actively take part in meaningful learning and we can show real progress through these activities. We use the TEACCH approach throughout this provision that provides a framework and structure to students day and learning. A thorough transition package is offered for students applying for this provision that links to an effective induction programme. This is then followed by comprehensive tracking that records progress at all times of the year. Regular assessments are carried out to ensure students are making good progress throughout their time on the course.
Course content includes;
- Life & community skills,
- Access to vocational areas - pitched at a suitable level - linked to progression,
- Personal & social development, relationships and being safe,
- Specialised provision - SALT, music, sensory,
- Maths & English - either qualifications or promoted with lessons,
- Enterprise & project learning.