Floristry is much more than just flower arranging. This course is aimed at those with a keen interest in the floristry industry and who are seeking employment in this area.
- Qualification: C&G Level 2 - Technical Certificate in Floristry
- Course Code: E10570
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year, 2 days 19+ or 3 days per week 16-18
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: ** 4 x GCSE at grades D-F / 1-3, including Grade D / 3 in English and Maths.
Provides learners with a broad range of floristry skills and knowledge to enable them to work in the industry or progress to Level 3 course.
Learners studying Level 2 Technical Certificate in Floristry will learn theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
- Working in the floristry industry
- Preparing to create floristry designs
- Creating floristry designs (Wedding and Funeral designs, Hand tied, gift packaging and arrangements)
- Designs in foam, moss and wired designs
- Customer service
- Caring for and maintaining floristry products (Plant Care, and cut flowers)
- Floristry design principles
- Health and safety
- Work experience (150 hours)
- C&G Level 3 Technical Diploma in Floristry
- Junior/trainee florist