This will offer you a great opportunity to train with experienced professionals in the workplace.
- Qualification: Level 2
- Course Code: E4191
- Duration: The framework is expected to take 15 months
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: 4 GCSE's including Maths and English A-E/9-2. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
The course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required by employers in the conservation and environment industry such as fencing, footpath restoration, tree planting and hedge maintenance. It is suitable for those seeking or employed in their first role within the industry. Roles could include; Estate worker, Assistant Park Ranger, Conservation Officer.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Workbased Environmental Conservation Diploma
- Level 2 Certificate in Land-based Activities
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid
- Prepare Sites to Create Habitats
- Environmental good practice
- Surveying and reporting
- Maintaining equipment and machines
- Communicating with the public
- Promoting responsible use of the environment.
All assessment and training is undertaken in the workplace.
Successful students could progress on to a Level 3 course, such as an Advanced Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation or onto Full Time Level 3 study in Countryside Management.