This apprenticeship will develop knowledge, understanding and skills essential for working in a business and administration environment across various occupations and sectors of employment.
- Qualification: Level 2
- Course Code: O4160
- Start Date: 09/05/2019
- Duration: The framework is expected to take 12 months
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability. Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
It is suitable for those seeking or employed in their first administrative roles, for example administrative assistants or team administrators, who need to develop or consolidate their skills.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration (City and Guilds)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics & ICT (City and Guilds)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Communicate in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
Delivery is through teaching, support and assessments direct into the workplace
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration or other Management Training at the College.