Our course is run by a group of experienced tutors who are LANTRA approved instructors and NPTC assessors.
- Qualification: Level 3 - Subsidiary Diploma in Arboriculture
- Course Code: O13540
- Start Date: 22/04/2019
- Duration: 10 week course
- Campus: Otley
- Entry requirements: Candidates will hold Level 2 qualifications including GCSEs of grade C and above in English, Maths and Science. You will also be able to work comfortably at Level 3. Previous experience and qualifications will be taken into account. Entry will be subject to a successful interview with a member of the Arboriculture team.
The practical elements of the course are taught offsite in realistic working environments. We will prepare you with the requisite skills for immediate entry into industry to do jobs such as:
- A self-employed arboricultural contractor
- An arborist for national parks and gardens
- An arborist for local authorities
- Woodland Management
The main component of the course is a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Arboriculture. This qualification attracts the Advanced Learner Loan. https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan. Various college bursaries are also available to help with equipment and accommodation during your course.
The Qualification is made up of the following units:
- Chainsaw use and maintenance.
- Tree Felling.
- Tree climbing and aerial chainsaw use.
- Ground-based arboriculture operations.
- Tree identification
- Tree planting pruning and aftercare
The course will prepare you for the following NPTC units:
- 2003 Chainsaw maintenance and cross-cutting (Previously CS30)
- 2004 Felling and processing trees up to 380mm (Previously CS31)
- 2013 Climb trees and rescue (Previously CS38)
- 2108 Aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw (Previously CS39)
- 2057 Operation of a manually fed wood chipper
You will also have the opportunity to do:
- Emergency First Aid certificate.
- LANTRA Basic Tree inspection.
Cost for NPTC Registrations:
- All students will pay £500 for NPTC registration for the competency tickets.
After the course you will be able to continue onto other courses or work in the arboriculture industry. Many students who enrol on one of these courses go on to set up their own businesses, based on the training that they have received.