This five day intensive First Aid Course is aimed at equipping those working in the Forestry, Arboriculture and Agricultural Sectors with the skills to respond to and manage traumatic injuries and to deal with complex situations.
- Qualification: Aid Training
- Course Code: E82955
- Start Date: 22/05/2019
- Duration: 5 Days
- Campus: Easton
This course covers the recognised HSE Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification with the addition of using defibrillators within CPR and basic life support.
The course content covers:
- Traumatic Bleeding, Hemorrhage Control and Shock,
- Dealing with Burns and Crush Injuries and Suspension Syncope/Trauma
- Working in Remote Locations (2 way radio use and working with Helicopters)
- Environmental related conditions (Hypothermia, Dehydration and Heat Stoke)
- Biological Diseases (Weil's Disease and Lyme Disease)
- Helmet Removal, Spinal Control and Assisting the Paramedics
- Pulse Oximetry, Patient Vital Signs, Observations and Monitoring.
This course will teach effective and prompt aerial rescue procedures, alongside integrated practical medical assessments and protocols utilising realistic casualty simulation in a coherent overall package from initial emergency actions, casualty rescue and treatment/management through to an appropriate and comprehensive handover to medical professionals such as air support units or NHS Ambulance Personnel.
For more information or to book please contact our Admissions Team on 08000 224 556 or email email@example.com