This 25-week part-time programme enables you to gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a Professional Dog Groomer.
- Qualification: Level 3 - Diploma in Dog Grooming
- Course Code: E21540 / O21540
- Start Date: 07/09/2020
- Duration: Part time (2 days per week) 25 weeks
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: You will need to hold the City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants to start this qualification.& a suitable level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills is required in order to enable you to complete the written exam and practical assignment.
You could be self-employed, work for a business or franchise and it could be based in a salon or mobile unit.
- Health and safety, legislation and code of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Preparing, styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
The course offers a blend of theory, direct study, and practical workshops at college to underpin the skills and knowledge required to meet the assessment criteria. This course is currently eligible for an advanced learner loan.
The assessment for this qualification will require you to achieve:
- A written exam which covers the knowledge and understanding within the qualification
- A practical assignment which covers health checks, first aid and grooming of dogs with different coat types and for different requirements.