This course is ideal if you want to begin working in the dog grooming industry and if you want to learn the skills needed to work under supervision in a dog grooming salon.
- Qualification: Level 2 - Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants
- Course Code: E21290 / O21290
- Start Date: 09/09/2019
- Duration: 30 weeks
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: ** No specific prior qualifications, learning or experience is required for you to undertake this qualification. However, due to the nature of both the learning and assessment required for the qualification is such that you will need to demonstrate good literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
The qualification is suitable for adults looking for a change in career. The course aims to introduce you to the basics of dog grooming including basic restraint, handling techniques, bathing, grooming, nail clipping and cleanliness.
To earn this qualification, you must complete a range of mandatory and optional units.
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
- Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
- Basic trimming of a dogs coat
The course offers a blend of theory, direct study, and practical workshops to underpin the skills and knowledge required to meet the assessment criteria. Attendance is vital to achieving your course and developing your practical skills. To achieve the L2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants you will be assessed using a range of practical demonstrations, an online assessment and written assignments.