This is a one academic year programme, starting in September. Attendance to all aspects of the study programme is required, typically 3-4 days per week on campus plus an additional day in work placement.
- Qualification: Level 2 - Certificate for Animal Nursing Assistants
- Course Code: E12200 / O12200
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year (3 days per week)
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: ** You will need to have achieved Maths and Science GCSE at grade 3 (D-G) plus two GCSEs at grade 2 (E-F) including English.
- Animal Accommodation
- Feeding and Watering
- Basic Animal Treatments
- Anaesthesia and Fluid Therapy
- Companion Animal Nutrition
- Control and Restrain Animals
- Carry out Reception Duties
- Infection Control
- Parasitology and Zoonosis
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate for Animal Nursing Assistants you will be required to complete an external assessment linked to Companion Animal Anatomy and Physiology. You will also be assessed using a range of practical demonstrations and written assignments which assist you to compile a portfolio of evidence.
You must also complete 150 hours of work experience alongside attendance at college to achieve this qualification. Typical placements may include kennels, catteries, pet shops, farms, farm parks, zoos, animal sanctuaries, animal rescue centres and veterinary practices.