This course is designed to offer progression to Level 2 programmes and apprenticeships as well as employment within the land-based sector.
- Qualification: Level 1 - Land-Based Studies - Animal and Horse Care
- Course Code: E10830 / O10830
- Start Date: 07/09/2020
- Duration: 1 year (3-4 days per week)
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: Two GCSE's at grade 1/G and successful completion of the Entry 3 Diploma or have English and Maths skills at Entry 3.
Land-based studies is for anyone who wants a career working with animals. You do not need any experience of working in a land-based role or any previous land-based qualification. It will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for further study on a range of level 2 programmes offered by Easton and Otley College.
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Care of Animals
- Care of Horses
- Volunteering and Work Experience
- GCSE in Maths and English
This is a one academic year programme, starting in September. Attendance to all aspects of the study programme is required, typically 3 days per week on campus and an additional day in work placement. To achieve this qualification you will be assessed using a range of practical demonstrations and written assignments which will be used to compile a portfolio of evidence, plus one multiple choice exam.