Our course will ensure that the candidates understand the importance of controlling rodents, how to monitor them and the best methods to get rid of them.
- Qualification: NPTC
- Course Code: E80120 / O80120
- Start Date: 22/05/2019
- Duration: 1 Day
- Campus: Easton, Otley
This classroom based course is aimed at candidates who wish to undertake pest control in land-based or related industries.
Objective is to enable candidates to:
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify the degree and source of infestation
- State the relevant legislative obligations and responsibilities
- Select and carry out the most appropriate method of control in accordance with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice including record keeping and contamination prevention
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme
- Purchase, transportation, safe use, cleaning and storage of poisons and related equipment
- Identify suitable areas for trapping and different types of trap
- Understand fire arms law relating to the use of weapons in vermin control.
- Current rodenticides and formulations
- The safe use, storage, transport and disposal of rodenticides
- Non chemical rodent control
Once you have completed the training course you will have to carry out an individual assessment.
For more information or to book please contact our Admissions Team on 08000 224 556 or email email@example.com