This unique course builds on the strengths of existing courses and practice and combines them to provide a programme to educate and train an employable workforce which is capable of taking on the new and exciting challenges of the agricultural industry.
- Qualification: Level 3 - Advanced Technical Diploma in Agriculture
- Course Code: E13381 / O13381
- Start Date: 04/09/2019
- Duration: 2 years full-time (3-4 days per week).
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: ** You will need to have achieved four GCSEs at Grades 9- 4 (A-C) including English, Maths and Science if you wish to undertake this course.
This course carries the same UCAS points weighting and is equivalent to studying 3 A Levels. We have developed a new approach to training the farmers of the future and we work with leading farmers in the East of England. Farmers have told us that they value a comprehensive mix of practical skills training, academic study and practical experience and the following structure has met with their approval. Students will undertake agreed block placement periods to gain practical experience and skills on a farm.
- Livestock and Crop Production
- Plant and Soil Science
- Business Management
- Estate Skills
- Landbased Machinery Operations and Principles
- Root Crops and Field Vegetables
- Spreaders and Sprayers
- Work Experience and Investigative Project
- Animal Health
Throughout these two years, you will have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications and certificates of competence. This complete package will turn you into a well-qualified and experienced employee with an excellent opportunity for employment in this exciting and thriving industry. This Programme makes use of the extensive resources on Campus and also
provides the opportunity to work alongside some of our partners such as Morley Farms, John Innes Centre and the University of East Anglia and partners the college in non-food crop research through In Crops.
This course will be assessed by examination, synoptic assessment and assignments.