The purpose of this qualification is to develop the transferable skills, attributes and behaviours needed for you to progress to further study and ultimately to employment.
- Qualification: Level 1 - Diploma in Land-Based Studies Agriculture
- Course Code: E13640
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: Full-time (3-4 days per week).
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** Minimum entry requirements 3 x GCSE (2@ grade E / 2-3).
The course is designed to be delivered in an applied way, with an emphasis on demonstrating what you can do, rather than what you know in theory. The qualification brings together appropriate content with practical and technical skills.
This course will include a selection of the following units:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Finding out about the land-based sector
- Growing plants
- Caring for and keeping plants healthy
- Using workshop tools in a land-based setting
- Using land-based machinery
- Preparing soil for planting
Units are assessed using a combination of practical and theoretical assignments.
These qualifications will develop pre-employability skills and contextualised knowledge to allow you to progress to further learning and training in Land-based studies and, ultimately, to become successful in your chosen career. This could be: