This programme covers a range of Livestock Production skills and related practices.
- Qualification: Intermediate Apprenticeship in Agriculture (Livestock Production)
- Course Code: E4182 / O4011
- Start Date: 09/05/2019
- Duration: The framework is expected to take 15 months
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: 4 GCSE's including Maths and English A-E/9-2. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment. *those with a level 2 English and/or Maths will be required to sit a BKSB assessment and interview to determine eligibility for an apprenticeship.
The objectives of the course are to ensure the development of practical skills, related background knowledge including health and safety issues and procedures. It is suitable for those seeking or employed in their first role within the Livestock industry.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Agriculture (Livestock Production)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
- Prepare feed and water supplies
- Select and transfer livestock
- Prepare, establish & maintain livestock accommodation
- Deliver basic livestock treatments
- Establish and maintain animal health, welfare & husbandry
- Monitor and maintain health and safety
One week block release in college six times a year, supported with assessment in the workplace
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture or other Further Education courses.