This programme combines sound understanding with technical skills, building on the crop production experience and knowledge already gained in industry.
- Qualification: Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture (Crop Production)
- Course Code: E4185 / O4168
- Start Date: 08/05/2019
- Duration: The framework is expected to take 18 months
- Campus: Easton, Otley
- Entry requirements: 4 GCSE's including Maths & English A-E/9-2. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment. *those with a level 2 English and/or Maths will be required to sit a BKSB assessment and interview to determine eligibility for an apprenticeship.
This programme combines sound understanding with technical skills, building on the livestock experience and knowledge already gained in industry. The objectives of the course are to ensure the further development of practical and supervisory skills & related background knowledge including health and safety issues and procedures. It is suitable for those who want to enhance their skills and knowledge and have taken on more responsibility for the organisation and allocation of work.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Agriculture (Livestock Production)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Math’s
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
- Maintain and monitor animal feed & water
- Manage & monitor animal health, welfare & husbandry
- Manage grasslands
- Manage the care of young animals
- Promote and monitor health and safety
One week block release in college, six times a year, supported with assessment in the workplace
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto a Higher Apprenticeship in Agriculture or other Higher Education courses.