This intensive 1 year course (or 2 years part-time) provides mature students with a supportive and adult environment in which to study a range of land-based topics.
- Qualification: Access to Higher Education Diploma: Landbased Studies (Agriculture)
- Course Code: E14550
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 1 year full time
- Campus: Easton
- Entry requirements: ** Open to students aged 19 or over. It is recommended that applicants have GCSEs in maths, English and science at a minimum of grade C/4
Access to HE Diplomas provide an opportunity for adults without relevant UCAS points or qualifications to gain entry to Higher Education programmes. Optional units are available for agriculture, animal, equine and conservation subjects and you will build your academic and vocational skills in your subject specialism.
This course provides experience to proceed into employment however its main focus is to aid you in entering degree programmes in related subjects.
Over the year you will study modules which may comprise of;
- HE Study Skills
- Biology and chemistry
- Habitat and species identification
- Livestock production
- Business research project
- Equine science
- Animal behaviour
Dependant on the route you have taken