FdSc Football Development & Coaching | Foundation Degree Science
- Qualification: Foundation Degree Science
- Start Date: September 2019
- Duration: 2 Years Full Time or 4 Years Part Time
- Cost: £ 7,500 per year (full-time)
- Campus: Easton
Arguably the world’s most popular sport, specialising in Football Studies and Coaching is becoming an increasingly popular area for students to continue their Higher Education studies. With the demands on quality and provision of the game ever increasing, this course will focus on developing the skills to work in both the areas of football development and coaching. With many jobs within the football industry now requiring a relevant degree, this course will offer students a specific understanding of the industry whilst developing other key skills required for employment.
The course has excellent links with Norwich City FC Community Sports Foundation and Norfolk FA, the region’s biggest football organisations. These links will enable students to obtain the necessary experience they require and also ensure that students will receive guest lectures and practical demonstrations from industry professionals. There are also opportunities to apply for internships and additional qualifications through this course.
Teaching methods include practical work, group activities, lectures, workshops, problem solving activities, tutorials, e-learning seminars plus external visits and guest speakers. Students will demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities through a range of assessment methods that will enhance their learning experience and develop valuable employability skills. Assessment methods may include laboratory reports; essays, practical observation, reflective journals, literature reviews, case studies, presentations, debates, written examinations, project work and peer review.
Programme Content: (indicative programme)
- HE Academic Skills
- Work Place Dynamics
- Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Community Football Coaching & Development
- The History, Culture and Future of Football
- Technical & Tactical Concepts of Football
- Work Based Research Project
- Advanced Coaching
- Performance Analysis and Biomechanics
- Football Promotion and Sustainability
- Football Psychology
- Fitness & Nutrition for Football
- Strength, Conditioning and Injury Management
- 64 UCAS credits
- GCSEs in Maths, English and Science at grade C or above is desirable
- Mature students and students already employed will need a range of qualifications including or equivalent to A-Levels or Access Course
- Prior work and learning experiences will be taken into account, accredited and considered at interview stage
Students with English as a foreign language: Applications from students from all backgrounds are welcome. We require evidence of proficiency in English (including writing, listening, speaking and reading).
Our recognised English Language qualifications include:
- IELTS: 6 overall (minimum of 5.5 in any component)
- Please click here to see our full list
Upon successful completion of this Foundation Degree students may be offered the opportunity to top-up to a full Honours Degree in Sports Coaching Science at Easton Campus (having achieved 240 HE credits including 120 at Level 5 in a sport related subject and a successful interview) or at another institution.
Alternatively, students will be well equipped with industry skills to meet needs of employers. The course will prepare students to enter a wide array of opportunities in football development or coaching (across a range of levels).
To improve employability prospects, students enrolling in 2018 will have the opportunity to apply for a training bursary to put towards funding additional industry relevant qualifications. Students are able to apply for a maximum of £250 in year 1 and £500 in year 2.
- Grass Football Pitches
- Floodlit 3-G (all weather) pitch
- Sports Laboratory
- Sports Hall
- Fitness Suite
- Strength & Conditioning Performance Area
- External all-weather playing surface
Apply Now Unsure? Return to Subject Listings