FdSc Agricultural Management | Foundation Degree Science
- Qualification: Foundation Degree Science
- Course Code: D400
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: 2 Years Full Time or 4 Years Part Time
- Cost: £ 7500 per year (full-time)
- Campus: Easton
This programme is available as a 2 year full-time or 3 year part-time programme and aims to address an identified skills shortage within the agriculture sector at level 4. It aims to produce learners who have the management and vocational skills to operate at management/supervisory level within a rapidly re-structuring industry. The modules selected offer a balance of practical/vocationally weighted units and those aimed at developing cognitive skills which are transferable.
Attendance at work placement will allow the students to apply principles and skills and will encourage investigation into the vocational area. The culture will be one of meeting challenges and being prepared to explore new concepts as the agricultural sector is in a state of rapid change in terms of the application of both technology and labour placing greater emphasis on higher level skills.
Teaching and Assessment Methods
Teaching methods are tailored to the subject area and the aims and learning outcomes of the particular modules studied. These include practical work, group activities, lectures, workshops, problem solving activities, tutorials, e-learning seminars, external visits and guest speakers.
Students will demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities through a range of assessment methods that will enhance their learning experience and develop valuable workplace skills. Assessment methods may include laboratory reports, essays, practical observation, reflective journals, literature reviews, case studies, presentations, debates, written examinations, project work and peer review.
Programme Content: (indicative programme)
- HE Academic Skills
- Workplace Dynamics and Performance
- Livestock Production
- Crop Production
- Applied Agricultural Science
- Farm Mechanisation and Infrastructure
- Work-based Research Project
- Strategies for Sustainable Agriculture
- Food Production Industry
- Practical Landbased skills
- 64 UCAS credits
- GCSEs in Maths, English and Science at grade C or above
- Mature students and students already employed will need a range of qualifications including or equivalent to A-Levels or Access Course.
- Prior work and learning experiences will be taken into account, accredited and considered at interview stage.
Students with English as a foreign language: Applications from students from all backgrounds are welcome. We require evidence of proficiency in English (including writing, listening, speaking and reading).
Our recognised English Language qualifications include:
- IELTS: 6 overall (minimum of 5.5 in any component)
Please click here to see our full list
- BSc Honours Degree in Agriculture (Top-Up)
'Past graduates have been employed within Young Farmers, dairy farming, farm contracting, farm management and lecturing.'
This programme is validated by the University of East Anglia.
Apply Now Unsure? Return to Subject Listings